Advertise Box

Shaunie O'Neal dishes on 'Basketball Wives'

The third season of "Basketball Wives" is back Monday on VH1, and while some players might be frightened about what the ladies will say, the queen bee of the cast (which includes wives, ex-wives, girlfriends and ex-girlfriends) Shaunie O'Neal, says it's all in good fun and nothing is changing.
"Along with our normal drama you'll get to dip into the ladies personal lives a little more," said O'Neal, who executive produces and stars on the series. "More kids, you'll get to meet some of the ladies parents and hear their story a little more. It becomes a little more personal this season."
 O'Neal's role on the show has become that of a peacemaker while the other ladies duke it out and occasionally throw punches. Yes, actual punches. In last season's finale a fight broke out between Antoine Walker's ex-fiancée Evelyn Lozada and Kenny Anderson's ex-wife Tami Roman.
While the player cameos have been kept to a minimum, the women are more than happy to talk about their current and former men (although a lawsuit from Dwight Howard against his ex Royce Reed has squashed most of her banter). But you won't hear Shaunie talk poorly about Shaq.
"It was important to me, because we have kids, that we stay cool," she said. "We don't have to be BFF. We don't have to talk every day or anything like that, but we're parents first and it's important that we stay good."
O'Neal's become quite the entrepreneur. She's has a shoe line, another show for VH1 she's producing in the works and an upcoming book. In between a trip to Costco and filming an episode of "Basketball Wives", she was able to answer some more of our questions about being a basketball wife.
What does it take to be a good basketball wife?
Honestly, it takes a lot. Some thick skin and real support coming from both sides. I think that becomes very important, especially when the wife has an identity and wants to do things on her own.
Who's wedding will be bigger -- Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries or your cast mate Evelyn Lozada and Chad Ochocinco?
Evelyn, I know she wants something spectacular and knowing Chad, he does too. But then again, Kim is pretty big too so I don't know! That's going to be a close call. I have to go with my girl, Ev.
How often do you get out to basketball games now?
I'm good friends with Jeanie Buss (from when) we were in L.A., so she invites my kids and I to games pretty often. My kids still love the game so I'll take them. I still like basketball. I don't watch it like I used to but I'll go.
So what is your team now?
I don't have a team! I don't have one because I don't really care.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers