Advertise Box

frank ocean

Chris Brown, Frank Ocean Go At It On Twitter

R&B singer Chris Brown has found himself in another Twitter war of words, this time with fellow crooner and Odd Future Wolf Gang member Frank Ocean. The online fracas began when Breezy gave Frank Ocean what seemingly was a compliment earlier today that Ocean took to be an underhanded slight.
Chris Brown’s tweet read, “I f--- with Frank Ocean! Reminds me of a young James Fauntleroy or Kevin Cossum” – James Fauntleroy is a singer-songwriter with writing credits for artists such as Brandy, Timbaland, Jordin Sparks and Rihanna. Kevin Cossum is a songwriter and producer who performed work with Mary J. Blige, Fabolous, Keri Hilson and Brown himself.
Frank Ocean took offense to Chris Brown’s tweet with a retort that read, “[I] f---s wit chris brown, reminds me of a young sisqo or ike turner.” Ocean then followed his comments with, “[I] just dont like underhanded comments. thats all im saying.”
Angered by Ocean’s words, Chris Brown took to Twitter and angrily addressed the OF singer. “[It] was a compliment you bitch ass n---a. Everybody claim to be the devil till they meet him,” tweeted Brown. He followed with, “[F]--k odd future! Make sure y'all smalltime n----s stick yo chess out when u speak to me.”
Breezy later apologized to his followers but not before some tough talk aimed at OFWGKTA. “I was on fairfax (Odd Future stomping grounds) yesterday and your so called posse was super quiet. Get better soldiers!” Chris Brown then added, “To all my fans, I'm sorry these ignorant ass n----s got me down to their level.”



Odd Future captain Tyler The Creator, no stranger to beef with Breezy, earned himself a “Top Tweet” nod with a tweet to Brown that read, “Why Are You Mad Tho? Like Really, You're Bigger Than Us Christopher. You Act Like You Like To Eat Soup, Aren't You A Role Model?”
Stay tuned as this story continues to develop.
What do you think of Chris Brown and Frank Oceans’s Twitter tiff? Tweet to us at @MTVRapFix or leave us a comment below.

Tanika Charles Has a 'Real Problem With Frank Ocean' -- NXNE

In the year since Tanika Charles released her 'What? What! What?!' EP, the Toronto-based R&B singer has been playing show after show around the city. But, as her performances get bigger, Charles maintains that it's the small club shows that best match the vibe of her soulful, spirited music. "You can connect with the audience so much more when you can actually see them," she tells Spinner. "It gets really hot and sweaty, and that's the best." And her set-up is only going to get sweatier: Charles' is currently working on her next album, due in the fall, which will be recorded live in the studio. Spinner caught up with Charles to talk about performing at NXNE, her angry alter ego Ms. Chawlz and her "real problem" with Frank Ocean.

Tell me about this album that's coming out.

Right now I'm in the studio all the time working on demos. It'll be a live album, so everything's going to be recorded with a band off the floor. This is a bit different than the EP, which I worked on with producers from around the city, so it's exciting for me because it's going to have that really pure, thick, heavy, sexy Motown feel to it.


Tanika Charles
Is a live album an extension of you performing live so much in the past year?

Yeah, it is. I just feel better on stage when the music's big. There was a while where I'd have two backup singers, a DJ and maybe a live instrument, but that's not the sound I'm trying to portray here. I really want to have a classic, soul feel to it. Going forward, the songs I perform are always going to be with a band.

Have you played NXNE before? What are you most looking forward to?

I opened up for Platinum Pied Pipers in 2007 at the Sound Academy -- wow, that was a while back. It was really exciting! I'm looking forward to sharing the stage with Digable Planets and
The Pharcyde. They're classic and I've never seen either of them live.

What's been the biggest lesson for you as you've gained more exposure?

I'm always learning. One thing that is absolutely imperative is practice. Singing, practicing with the band to tighten up sounds and implement new things ... And to teach myself things like playing a guitar or the trombone -- it adds newness to what can potentially happen.

So you're gonna be onstage with a trombone at NXNE?

Uh, not yet! I played trombone in high-school and I loved it ... I used to be able to read music and play the trombone, but when you really don't work at it you lose it quickly. And it hurts me that I can't understand it -- I can only hear sounds; I'm not very good at reading them. But I'm kind of getting back into training myself to read and work at it. I also find I like when musicians play by ear -- it seems they're more willing to break out and do their own thing as opposed to knowing what they need to do next.

As you grow as a musician, how does your alter ego Ms. Chawlz change?

Right now, she's dealing with some things but as the music gets bigger, she gets stronger and not necessarily so angry. She's been through heartaches and breakups and now it's time for some realness -- like being broke and trying to get by! The music I'm working on these days is still in that realm of relationships but it's mostly exploring what's happened to Ms. Chawlz since then.

What excites you about music these days?

Okay so, I'm obsessed with someone: I'm obsessed with Frank Ocean. The reason why I think he's so incredible is that the music doesn't sound like anything I've heard before. I know it's a mixtape and some of the production is recycled, but there are some beats in there where I'm like, "Wow, he's really flipped the script." And his songwriting is dope.

I listen to Frank Ocean, Foreign Exchange and Black Milk a lot ... but Frank inspires me. And it's a totally different genre of music, but the skill that he has is where it's at. There's something about him.

What's your favorite Frank Ocean song?

Oh my gosh, really? I can't decide, it changes. First it was 'Songs for Women,' then it was
'Love Crimes' and then it was 'Novacane.' ... I have a real problem with Frank Ocean.

Tanika Charles plays Yonge-Dundas Square on Sunday, June 19 @ 6:00PM-6:40PM

WHAT'S BEEF? Frank Ocean Calls Chris Brown "Ike Turner" On Twitter

"Novocaine" singer Frank Ocean is beefing with Chris Brown...and it's getting ugly.  Fightin' words are being thrown around and Frank just said Chris Brown reminded him of a young Sisqo...or Ike Turner.  Ouch.....deets inside.....

Another Friday...another Twitter beef.  This time, Chris Brown is taking on Odd Future's singer/rapper Frank Ocean.  It does seem like Chris paid Frank's singer a compliment on a recent twitter post....but by the time Frank read it....the ish went left.  WAY LEFT!
Words were tossed around and it wasn't pretty.
First, Chris said....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers