Advertise Box

Day FIFTEEN!


Let me exploit that genius of a Andy Warhol(as I'm sure he would have wanted) and repeat some pearls of wisdom that he once uttered:

"They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself."

Because in my life I have become extremely comfortable with being uncomfortable, I have learned to be myself, unapologetically. I'm not winning any popularity contests, and often say the wrong thing to the wrong person because of my lack of tact...and I don't have a TV, which makes me little "off", according to my friends who exchange worried glances at my lack of knowledge of things like Lost or Twilight (which incidentally I hear is not such a horrible thing to be ignorant of). Andy Warhol made a living on being am eccentric, lovable genius and he didn't even have to cut off his ear (see: Van Gogh). All he had to do was make people believed that they wanted his insanity, and badly.

And while I'll never have the cutting wit, sarcasm, and library of pop culture references that seems inherent in the successful gay men of Warhol's social strata, I hope to at least create something that is worth wanting. And it doesn't hurt that I usually get free beer at the shows.

Andy Warhol also said "I love Los Angeles. I love Hollywood. They're beautiful. Everybody's plastic, but I love plastic. I want to be plastic." I definitely experienced that last night and I can't say that I was disappointed or shocked. Still, maybe I should be more more discriminating about what I assimilate into.

And after a night of rubbing elbows with the avante garde of LA, I spent most of today cleaning my studio and house, doing laundry, constructing and stretching two canvas frames and starting a new painting that is going to kick ass.

No rest for the wicked though, because tomorrow is going to kick my ass.

Going to try to make it to Kim Ye's Show, Synapses, in downtown LA.

Then I have to attend my own opening at the Box Gallery in Costa Mesa, which is across the street from the Tin Lizzy off of Bristol. Please drop by, but don't be angry with me if you don't see me there. Because...

My band, the art stars, is playing in Mission Viejo at some dive bar. I've never been there, but if you want to watch some live music, drink some beer and listen to me bitch about traffic between LA and Orange County, stop in at Boscoe's.

I have 3 hours to cover 100 miles and make 3 appearances.

Its going to be pure insanity. Not only that, dear reader, but I'm going to be posting a brand new painting. Lucky you.

I'm way behind schedule, I should be done with four paintings by now!!! Until tomorrow!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers