Advertise Box

Day 29: I'm delirious. That's my story, and I"m sticking to it.


After much tossing and turning over the imminent destruction of my jellyfish, I decided to save it. Having already painted over the whole thing in black, I had to wipe off the thick black oil paint with a turpentine rag. It still left this nasty black residue over the entire painting. I wiped it relatively dry, painted over the blue background with a thick white glaze. This makes the background look silvery, because the blue shines through from underneath, but you can't really see that in this photo. Then, I picked out the main highlights on the jelly fish with high values like yellow, red, peach, lavender, and some pinks and salmony colors. Sure, its kind of abstract now, but I like it that way. I'm adding this back into the collection as Jellyfish No. One.

I've also decided to stop soliciting artistic advice from Tom.

I've made paintings that are much more hideous than this in the last year.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers