Advertise Box

Painting 11 Done.



I thought I posted a blog about being done with this Painting on Wednesday Night, but I guess it has been lost in oblivion. Considering the time (3 am), I'm sure it probably wasn't a very good blog anyway. So, instead of explaining the painting i depth, I'm going to take the advice of a very wise man, and let this painting speak for itself. This is Jellyfish Number Five.
Other than the finishing of this painting, life has been going on pretty unpredictably. There have been a few dramatic verbal skirmishes here and there with people who are fed up with my artistic hermitage. Ah, well. Sometimes you have to sacrifice some of your social life in order to get things done. If you are in the same boat with these people, fear not, I'll come out of my cave in 2011. Actually, you won't have to wait that long! Tonight I'm going out to Crane's Hollywood Tavern (next to the Palladium) where my band, The Art Stars will be playing.
Since I'm broke, I probably won't be drinking, unless I can con some unsuspecting poor chap into buying me a beer, which is pretty likely. Am I excited to play in Hollywood? Hmmm, not so much. Maybe its the fact that we practiced last night and sounded like utter ass, or maybe it's because I'm tired of dealing with the brotherhood of rock (This is a term I coined myself. It refers to guys in bands who like to exchange guitar chords and music history anecdotes with each other and will nod in approval at anything other band dudes say. Throw a girl into the mix and have her state an opinion on how a song should sound or an anecdote of her own, and the guys will inevitably look at her like she is speaking Martian.) I've never played in a band with another girl, always surrounded by the brotherhood, a lone wolf. For about one month, our band had a female bass player, but she was more masculine than any of the guys in the band, including the drummer. And there was that other time we tried out another female bass player/ roller derby champion who called herself the dude and had a belt buckle with her name on it, just in case you forgot. You wouldn't forget, though, the minute you took one look at her bulging biceps. Unfortunately, neither of those girls could actually play bass, and the former was a couple kiwis short of being a total fruit basket.
That being said, if you live in the LA area, please come down to Crane's Hollywood Tavern to say hello. For the rest of the day, I'll be making incredible art.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers