Advertise Box

Day Fifty Two: Painted all Day

I painted all day but I might has well have been eating bonbons and watching "Gone With the Wind" (incidentally, this is something I'm actually dying to do). I'm working on a painting of red jellyfish against a black background. Maybe its a cool concept, in a vacuum, but the reality is quite atrocious. It looks like I took a few too many hits of LSD and started a new series of blacklight posters. Not being a fan of The Grateful Dead OR Phish, I shun both the substitution of patchouli oil for showers as well as the creation of psychedelic art. Still, I'm going to see this bad boy through. I'm sure that I can make it into something beautiful enough for someone to cherish.

On a side note, I've been thinking a lot about Gustave Klimt and Hans Hoffman. I'm interested in doing a piece that has more to do about color and pattern than realism. It should be interesting, and very fun, as I've been such a puritan about realism lately.

I'm gonna get to bed before I turn into a pumpkin. I need to start getting up at a decent hour to run if I ever want to stop leaving for my runs at 9 pm.

About the van. The total damage in unpaid parking tickets is 700 bucks. Tomorrow we'll get it back, gut it (Did I mention that there are about two thousand Vendetta Valentine CD's in the back? Why couldn't someone steal those?), and sell it.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have both pictures of my newest and sketches to show.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers