Advertise Box

From the Studio...

Dear you,

You asked where my inspiration comes from so here’s the smack down - there are other methods to my madness but for this bite its all about online searching. I'm a computer junkie and a perfectionist (shhhh! don't tell I might still be fooling people). When I sit down at the computer to get a creative buzz I usually start with google. I go to the images section and just start punching in nouns. As I search through the pages and pages of images for whatever reason, certain things just "grab". I feel something when I look at it and that's my first clue. I don't usually find an image and then blamo I'm painting. When I'm in the searching mode I just do a "save as" - in one of my many categorized hard drive folders - and keep going and going.

After I feel like I've added enough to my library of images I start surfing through my very full hard drive. Once I find something that really speaks to me I open it in Photoshop and play. I always combine several elements that I like in the multiple photos that I'm working with and add a twist to it. Although on a few occasions I loved the original photo so much that I've decided to ask permission to use it from the photographer.

After the Photoshop collage I print it out and take it to the canvas. As I push the paint around with my palette knife I will quickly get a feel for the piece. If it works then I keep going. If it doesn't - I've come to realize it never will so I just move on to the next piece and open up my hard drive all over again.

And that's that. At least when it comes to online searching. If I have time... I'd much rather hit the plein air circuit and feel the sun roasting my back.





PS. Thank you to the collector from NY that purchased "Landscape Reflection"!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers