Advertise Box

Entry Number One: Lets try this Again

So, needless to say, I wasn't able to complete the one hundred paintings this past year that I anticipated.

Of course, I chose to spark up the old blog again on a day when I'm feeling totally ineffective, but maybe part of the reason I'm feeling like such a (useless) tool is because I have five million thoughts, ideas, and plans swimming around in my dead and I haven't even attempted to put them in any kind of sensible order.

For my own mental clarity, and for the enjoyment of my four followers (although I'm sure that this number has probably dropped to one, my mother, and I have to call her after I post a blog and demand that she read it) I'm going to recap 2010 with a short list of things that I accomplished, lost, etc.

2010 In A Nutshell
1. Committed to paint 100 paintings in the year 2010, but only completed 41.
2. Did not commit to sell any paintings in 2010, but sold 31.
3. Planned on getting married in 2010, but instead became single.

"What are you trying to convince me of, exactly?
That you're as useless as an asshole right here?"
4. Planned on running the Great Wall of China Marathon, The Midnight Sun Marathon, and the Florence Nighttime Marathon, but instead ran from my house in Santa Ana to Dana Point and needed a blood transfusion the following day.
5. Planned on losing 10 pounds due to training for above marathons, but instead lost 170 pounds of dead weight (see number 3)
6. Planned to go to China (only) and instead ended up going to these countries: Mexico (does this count? I go twice a year there to see my dentist in Rosarito), England, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, France, Italy, Holland, Germany, Hungary, Spain, Turkey, Poland, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Austria, Slovakia, and Morocco
7. Planned on writing a ton of music and performing with my band, The Art Stars, but ended up calling a quits do to problems with battling egos and bandcest. (see number 3)
8. Conned my way into a job at The Capital Grille after blowing all hard-earned painting money overseas.


So, its 2011. What now?Well, Okay, don't laugh, but I definitely want to create 100 paintings this year, despite the fact that I don't have all day every day to paint. I've been thinking more about this and want to expand it to not only painting, but also installation, performance, and video art.

I'm trying to expand my artistic viewpoints past what I originally called art. Although I love painting, I also realize that in order to be successful in relating certain complex ideas, I may have to think beyond a single two dimensional images. Until now, my mind has been closed to non classical forms of art before but I'd like to experiment with them this year. Visually, I'd like to talk about simulated realities and even try to convert cubism into a kind of interactive simulation.

So far this year, I've completed two paintings. So, I'm on the right track. And... although it is hard to concentrate on painting now that I am now working for the man at the Capital Grille, what makes it even harder is now having a social life. Like a real one.Of course, because I am single, I have started to date again which is much weirder than I thought it would be...and pretty awesome lately. I'm trying to decide how much I should reveal on my blog because I have a feeling that it will end up biting me in the ass eventually. So for now, I'm going to maintain a modicum of class and simply state that life is simply delectable. Devilishly lovely.

Catch you on the flip side.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers