Advertise Box

Cuban Peasant



The Painting I chose today was created by Mario Perez, a Cuban artist.Mario Perez moved from Havana, Cuba to the United States as a young boy and he never attended art schools, which makes him admired by many artists due to his self-taught method of painting.
The painting I chose is called The Cuban Peasant and it depicts Cuban culture.What I enjoy the most in this painting is the method of how the painting was created,making the painting have a blurry effect. I also like the simplicity of the painting because most paintings are complex and full of multiple stories, while this one only presents one story: the story of a Cuban Peasant.
I also like the effect of movement that the painting presents, resembling as if the viewer was running and he saw the Cuban peasant sitting by himself, looking at the viewer.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers